Friday, December 12, 2008

Laura Gellar: Blush-N- Brighten Kit


Blush-N-Brighten Kit: Ethereal Rose

From my mom:
I could not be more pleased with the Laura Geller products I've tested. This includes their "ethereal rose powder" and the makeup brush that accompanies it.
I've tried many foundations, and always found their look to be heavy. Inevitably, the liquid foundation settles into pores. Loose powder gave me more of the polished but light look I was looking for, but the loose powder dusted the counter more than the coverage it gave to me. The "mineral" powders initially seemed to provide a solution, but the "three colors fits all"didn't match my skin tones. After wearing them for a few hours, they tended to change colors, to an unflattering orange-yellow tone. Finally, through this testing site, I was able to use the Laura Geller powder and brush.
The colors woven into the powder were close to my skin tone, and left a soft, polished look. The compact itself seems to buffer the contents from cracking, as was often the case with other products.
In addition, the brush is brilliant. Like a lipstick tube that twists open and close, the brush for the powder twists open and closes, with a cap that covers it completely. While I've always been conscientious about cleaning my makeup applicators, this packaging completly protects the brush, as well as my purse.I'd not seen or heard of the Laura Geller line before. Had it not been for this testing site, I don't know that I would ever have found this line.
I recommend this product without reservations.

No comments: