Thursday, April 29, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
It's true, you can peel this right off when you are bored!!!
This balm works wonders on dry skin!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
- Buy a Pangea Organics product. The boxes are infused with seeds, and will magically become plants! I'm totally serious. As if you needed more, Pangea Organics (www.pangeaorganics.com) recently partnered with the Jane Goodall Institute (www.janegoodall.org) in support of its mission to educate children, protect natural habitats and uplift the lives of those human populations that live among or near important protected habitats. Under this unique partnership, Pangea will donate 5% net sales to the Jane Goodall Institute. Jane Goodall!!!
- To celebrate Earth Day, Thymes offers consumers a fresh, eco-friendly start: Enjoy for one day only a FREE Clean Slate Experience Kit with any $100 purchase. Also take advantage of free shipping on orders of $50 or more until Wednesday, May 5th, 2010.
- Tarte cosmetics gives you a discount for going green, and they are always cruelty-free!
- Pureology is so green, you'd think they were Kermit. Be sure to check out the Hydrate to Make a Difference collection supporting Global Green USA.
- Check out your nearest Anthropologie for plantings!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
- Over 30 tons of waste are produced for every one ton of product that reaches the consumer
- 98% of those products that do reach the end consumer are thrown away within 6 months.
- It takes around 450 years for a plastic bottle to degrade.
- You absorb up to 60% of any substance applied to your skin, you could absorb up to 4.4 pounds of manmade chemicals through your body every year- that's not healthy.
- For those curly girls still relaxing their hair...Sodium Hydroxide is the strongest type of principal chemical used in some chemical relaxers because it provides the most long lasting and dramatic effects. However, this same sodium hydroxide is found in drain cleaners, which well demonstrates the strength of this chemical.
- Recycling reduces greenhouse gas emissions by significantly saving the amount of energy needed to manufacture the products that we buy, build and use
- Recycled materials account for 40% of the world’s raw materials and is critical to our future sustainability
- While plastics decompose, they can release potentially harmful substances into the surrounding ground water and soil, affecting future generations
- Letting your faucet run for five minutes uses about as much energy as letting a 60-watt light bulb run for 14 hours
- Every year, an estimated 706 million gallons of oil enter our planet's oceans: By far the greatest source of spilled oil is households. Used Motor Oil accounts for 363 million gallons in our oceans! 50% of Americans change their own motor oil, but only 1/3 of that oil is collected and recycled. 2/3 are dumped down drains or spilled on driveways and onto streets. One typical 5 quart oil change improperly dumped can contaminate millions of gallons of freshwater.
Starting at the beginning, these lip glosses have great packaging and a terrific scent. Kind of vanilla frosting, the real good, homemade kind.
Moisturizing, but without the stick present with so many glosses.
I tested two colors:
Prudish Pink- the perfect, understated nude-ish pink!
Rockstar Red- loud & proud. Great all-purpose red.
I let some friends try, now I have to buy new ones because my friends still have them!
Consider buying two when you order-- that way, you will be able to keep one hidden away for yourself!
The Cosmoholics are so good, they will even match you with the perfect color!!! Just send them your picture.