Sunday, October 31, 2010
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Aura Multi-use Blush Classic & Trick Stick
Vapour has won Allure's 2010 Best of Beauty Award, and for good reason. Both of these products are beautiful and multi-functional. The classic blush stick can be used on the cheeks as well as highlight your eyes. It could even be applied to your lips. The Trick Stick can be used to highlight any part of your face - from brows to cheeks. It provides a warm glow to your face. The best thing about these products is that they are both made with 70% organic ingredients. Keep these in your purse and you can forget about carrying anything else!
Is shiny out?! If you say yes, then this is the product for you. You can get volume and texture with Redken's Wool Shake. It gives your hair a different feel and texture rather than the typical smooth and shiny. Hair looks great without looking grungy. Advice: you do NOT need to use a lot, even if you have long hair. A little spray goes a LONG way.
Ouidad Shine Glaze Serum
Dull, drab hair? Not into texture and matte? Give your hair some shine with a little Ouidad Shine Glaze Serum. Not only does it make your hair look healthy and shiny, it also fights frizz! I found out it works best on straight hair. Definitely not sticky or greasy, but a little is all you need for hair that is smooth, sleek, and shiny.
This online exclusive is well worth the investment. It lasts all day and night, and isn't difficult to apply. I love not having to sharpen a pencil or dealing with powders. This is a great set to complete your makeup collection. The gel glides on easily, doesn't clump, and looks perfect every time. Who doesn't love Bobbi Brown?!
WDF3600 Smooth & Silky® Women's Shaver with Moisturizing Strip Technology
Guys can use electric shavers, why can't we? Well, after several months of testing this handy little tool I now feel qualified enough to give my opinion. The first few tries were rough. It definitely took me a couple of tries to get it right. Either I was pressing too hard or not hard enough. I think I was afraid of cutting myself after so many years with a razor. Once I got the hang of it, it was easy and convenient. I didn't need to lather up, there wasn't razor burn, no missed knees, no cuts. The only drawback is that you have to take it apart and clean it when you are done. So yes, it is convenient and easy but cleaning it is kind of a pain.
eye defining pencil - bronze
Strong, bold color and smooth application. I am happy to have found a creamy pencil that is accurate and lasts. The best part is that it doesn't glob up or stick funny. Perfect lines every time.
Eye Pencil - Touch
Goes on thin and perfect. Not quite as creamy and smooth as Tarte. Mineral Fusion has more variety of colors. Love the brightness of the color, and the fact that it is made with all natural ingredients.
Beauty in a Box: Smoky EyesThis exclusive value set has everything you need for a night on the town. Sephora and Tarte have created the perfect combination that can be taken just about anywhere. I absolutely love the Lock & Roll 12 - hour eyeshadow in bronze. Every time I wear it, I get compliments. It is a complete look that takes only minutes to put on...and lasts all day.
Peppermint infused, smooth gliding, rich color that stays. What more could you want? I wasn't sure I would be a fan of the matte finish on my lips, but I am now hooked on it. If you aren't a fan of matte color, you can always go over it with a sheer gloss (but really there is no need). Trust me, you want to try these!
Great line of products from Redken including shampoo, conditioner and corrective defense lotion. I didn't think that hair showed signs of aging (besides turning grey), but I was wrong. These products from Redken help restore strength, while making your hair feel soft and clean. Everything smells great and lathers well; however, the conditioner doesn't really detangle my hair. Love all three products and would recommend them to anyone with damaged and aged hair.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
Boob Tube Bust & Neck Firmer ($45; A favorite of Julie Bowen and Ana Ortiz!) Promotes firmer, fitter, glowing, dewy, youthful skin from the neck down. CoQ10 helps defy gravity while Omega 3, 6 and 9 keep your neck and décolleté looking firm and plump. Milk Thistle, Evening Primrose Oil and Sweet Almond Oil maintain moisture for healthy, brilliant skin. The product is smartly accompanied by an instructional self-breast-exam pamphlet. For every Boob Tube sold, Mama Mio donates $1 to the cancer support charity, Look Good…Feel Better.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
In addition to this nail product's super, sweet, science technology, their color paints on thick and smoothly, only requiring a coat or two, and dries in a reasonable time frame-good if like me, you often find yourself touching up your self manicure in the car, on your way to dinner.
After a summer of neon or ocean blue nails, I personally got really excited about a few of Jessica's softer tones. This fall is all about "greige", or gray-beige, and I found it's shade family members "Intrigue", "Victorian Crush", and "Bittersweet" just as toasty and comforting.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
Bon Ami is one of those brands I am always hearing about but never see. I never knew if it was worth the effort to search for it.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Sephora by Opi presents Just a Little Bit Dangerous, part of the new Rocker Chic Collection.
1. What are the best Beauty products and treatments for the changing seasons?
2. What are the hottest new skincare ingredients and why?
3. Drinkable beauty products- which ones really work?
Dr. Sadick supplies answers:
1. Reservatol - Current research into resveratrol benefits points to resveratrol having amazing anti-aging properties, hence dubbed "The Fountain of Youth." In several medical arenas it is agreed that resveratrol provides many key health benefits for the people who include proper quantities of it in their diets. Additional resveratrol benefits include cancer fighting and weight loss. Also, it is believed that resveratrol works as an effective anti-aging ingredient. This is because resveratrol is thought to stimulate the SIRT1 gene. This gene is the one responsible for reducing fat stores during low calorie diets. However, stimulation of this gene also seems to help slow down the aging process.
2. Coffee Berry-TNS Hyperpigmentation System™ by SkinMedica
This system was created specifically to improve visable signs of aging-hyperpigmentation, sundamage, fine lines, wrinkles and sallowness. Get glowing, firm and youthful skin without any downtime, redness or peeling.
Science meets nature in the first and only anti-aging skin care line formulated with CoffeeBerry™. Grown in lush tropical regions CoffeeBerry is harvested and processed at peak antioxidant concentration. CoffeeBerry™ is the key ingredient in the REVALE'SKIN line and the most potent natural antioxidant available in skin care today. Scientific testing shows that CoffeeBerry™ has a higher antioxidant capacity than green tea, pomegranate and vitamins C and E.
CoffeeBerry topical antioxidant can:
* Rejuvenate skin damaged by daily exposure to free radicals-mollecules that cause an acceleration of the breakdown of collagen, which contributes to premature aging.
*Protect the skin against everyday environmental damage, such as sun, wind and temperature.
*Help reverse the signs of aging.
3. Niacinamide is a key ingredient in every Olay Pro-X product (Wrinkle Smoothing Cream, Deep Wrinkle Treatment, Age Repair Lotion SPF 30, Hydra Firming Cream, Eye Restoration Complex, and Discoloration Fighting Concentrate).
4. Nicotinamide - another B vitamin that has recently entered the skin care field. Although most studies of this vitamin have focused on the anti-inflammatory effects and in acne treatment, one possible role for nicotinamide as a potential anti-aging ingredient is in the biosynthesis of ceramides and other stratum corneum lipids. Unlike several other B Vitamin ingredients, there is a great deal of research that supports the use of topical niacinamide. Studies have shown its usefulness in increasing synthesis of collagen and lipids, inhibiting the transfer of melanosomes (this will treat hyperpigmentation), and decreasing inflammation. It may even play a role in preventing skin cancer. Niacinamide and niacin are not synthesized in the human body and therefore must be supplied externally, either through the diet or through topical application. Nicotinamide is another B vitamin that has recently entered the skin care field. Although most studies of this vitamin have focused on the anti-inflammatory effects and in acne treatment, one possible role for nicotinamide as a potential anti-aging ingredient is in the biosynthesis of ceramides and other stratum corneum lipids. Unlike several other B Vitamin ingredients, there is a great deal of research that supports the use of topical niacinamide. Studies have shown its usefulness in increasing synthesis of collagen and lipids, inhibiting the transfer of melanosomes (this will treat hyperpigmentation), and decreasing inflammation. It may even play a role in preventing skin cancer. Niacinamide and niacin are not synthesized in the human body and therefore must be supplied externally, either through the diet or through topical application.
5. PSP- Formulated with PSP®, the most complete protein blend of Human Growth Factors, Cytokines and Interleukins available to rejuvenate and soothe skin.
6. Shinso – drinkable Jap. Powder
Shinso Kazu is a dietary supplement that optimizes the body's health from skin to core. Starting at the cellular level, Shinso Kazu employs SOD, superoxide dismutase, to activate the body's production of its own naturally occurring enzymes to neutralize age-accelerating free radicals. Kazu also supplies your body with essential vitamins (vitamins B2, C, A, K and E) and minerals (iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, copper, and zinc).
Many thanks to Dr. Sadick and the great Jeanette Zinno!