Ok. This is love. Where to begin? Every shade is perfect. They are soft and lovely. They apply smoothly and the brush. The brush is THE brush. Soft and natural. It never sheds. I love the iridescent shade for my whole lid. It's a great foundation for eyeliner. And they never crease. Love love Bobbi Brown!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
My love for the Pangea Organics line is big and lasting. Sad to say that I saw no difference in the condition of the skin around my eyes after using this every night for a few weeks.
Posted by Jill at 7:51 PM
Friday, January 22, 2010
Pro: Kills germs without drying out skin.
Con: I don't like the smell.
However, I have it on my desk at work, people seem to really like it!
I like that they aren't germing all over my office :)
Plus: Infectigard is helping out the rescue effort in Haiti.
As the rain poured down, the stars poured in at Sunday night's 67th Annual Golden Globe Awards. The weather didn't keep the hair from playing a major role. Pureology PureArtists April Webster and Christopher Devaney give their top three trends and step-by-steps on recreating the looks from the evenings unexpected wash out.
1. Loose Waves as seen on the bell of the ball, Sandra Bullock
2. Slick Up-do as seen on January Jones
3. Loose elegant Up-do as seen on Kate Hudson
1. Mist PureVolume ThickeningMist throughout damp hair and blow dry smooth.
2. Take sections of varying densities and curl on a 1" iron using InCharge Flexible Styling Spray on each section prior to curling for added hold.
3. Allow sections to cool, then break up curls with fingers as you gather hair into a very loose right side pony tail. Use a little NanoWorks ShineLuxe for shine and control of fly-aways.
4. Secure ponytail with an elastic approximately 5"-6" away from lower back of head.
5. Roll ends up and underneath elastic and secure with two closed fasteners in a criss cross fashion.
6. Use open end fasteners for any stray hairs.
7. Allow hair around face to fall away naturally. Give entire style a gentle mist of InChargePlus.
1. Apply SuperSmooth SmoothingElixir and PowerDressing to damp hair and blow dry smooth with a large barrel brush to allow movement in hair.
2. Set hair with a 2" barrel iron. Take large irregular sections to create natural set. Spray each section with InCharge Flexible Styling Spray prior to setting. Once set is removed, allow to cool.
3. Once set is cooled brush set out with a large soft bristle brush. Using the same brush lightly lace the crown section of hair. Place a small amount of ShineMax( 1 drop) in hands and rub hands together to emulsify. Run lightly over the top of hair, then smooth all hair back into a low pony.
4. When hair is in low pony twist hair inward making sure all ends are tucked in, with closed fasteners, secure twist in the seam. Use InCharge Flexible Styling Spray to smooth any stray hairs.
5. Finish look with GlossingMist
1. Apply RootLift at roots followed by NanoGlaze mid-shaft to ends, blow dry with a large paddle brush.
2. Set hair on large Heat Rollers misting each section with InCharge Flexible Styling Spray. Allow set to cool and remove rollers. Take a large soft bristle brush and brush through to relax the curls.
3. Apply NanoWorks ShineLuxe to palms and rub together to emulsify. Break up curls using a raking technique with fingers.
4. Part hair on left side and sweep fringe across. Loosely pull hair into a low pony and secure with an elastic using caution to leave texture in the hair.
5. Once hair is secured in an elastic, separate curls in pony and loosely pin curls up around back with open fasteners.
6. Finish with InCharge Flexible Styling Spray and GlossingMist.
For more information visit Pureology.com, Become a Pureology Facebook Fan or follow us on twitter @PureologyTweet. Please note, Pureology products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon.
Inglorious Basterds star Diane Kruger and 30 Rock’s Tina Fey topped all the “Best Hair” roundups for their glam Golden Globes tresses! We checked in with the stylist who created these winning looks – Richard Marin, dishes on how you can create these ‘dos at home:
Diane Kruger’s updated 50's retro hairstyle. According to Marin, the look is not only sleek, but very simple to create:
• After drying, make an obvious side part.
• Curl the bottom sections of the hair to shoulder length using the Remington Heated Clip Hair Setters.
• Brush out the curls several times and create the roll that sits at the shoulder.
• For extra punch, place pearl encrusted hair combs on either side of the hair, just above the ears!
Tina Fey channeled old Hollywood glamour with her polished chignon. To recreate this style, Marin says to follow these steps:
• Begin by blow drying hair straight with the Professional by Remington Hair Dryer.
• To create volume, spray thermal protecting spray at the crown and give it a shot of hot air.
• Backcomb only the crown and the back of the hair, and place hair in snag-free ponytail holder.
• Twist the ponytail until it begins to coil into a bun and pin in place with bobby pins – add hairspray and shine spray and you’re Red Carpet ready!
Glam on at your next event!
Posted by Kate at 6:42 PM
I do not go out without putting on lipstick.
I may not wear foundation, blush, or eye make-up often, I have never owned a concealer, but I always have at least one lipstick at any given time.
I love to look at the different lipsticks/stains/glosses on-line, but am often disappointed with those little specks of color shown, and have noticed that the pictures & the actual shades can have very little in common.
I asked a very smart cookie, and she steered me to the Urban Decay site. If the lipsticks are half as good as the comprehensive site, I am going to be in love.
I'll let you know for sure when the shipment is delivered!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Have a couple of extra bucks? Help the devastated Haitians. Go to the Red Cross, Unicef, or OxFam & give what you can.
This makes me want to support them:
Rue La La joins the rest of the world in grieving the tremendous losses to the people of Haiti. Out of respect for those who have lost loved ones, their shelter, and life's basic necessities in this tragedy, we cannot stand by while relief efforts are underway without taking action. We are halting our Boutiques from now until Saturday at 8AM ET. We ask that instead you take this time - as we are - to make a donation to the American Red Cross Haiti Relief and Development Effort.
"The losses that have been suffered in Haiti are nothing less than devastating, and responding to a disaster of this magnitude will require every element of our national capacity," President Obama has said. We hope in some small way that we can have an impact in the midst of this devastation.
Ben Fischman, CEO
Posted by Kate at 12:20 PM
From Bond No. 9:
Bond No. 9 New York Understands How it Feels To Get Hurt
And The Importance Of Responding Quickly
January 14, 2010. Effective today, and for the next thirty days, 10% of the proceeds from the sale of The Scent of Peace will go to The American Red Cross to assist the communities impacted by the Earthquake in Haiti and provide urgent relief.
"Perfumes are about passions. So, back in 2006, we thought, why not turn our passion for peace into an eau de parfum? When we decided to capture the spirit of understanding and tolerance pervading every borough and every street of New York, "
Bond No. 9 Scent of Peace is available at our four New York City stores, www.bondno9.com and Saks Fifth Avenue nationwide.
Posted by Kate at 10:52 AM
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Depth is a line I've seen at Whole Foods & always thought was too crunchy for me.
After trying the Refresh Daily Shampoo, however, I am headed to WF to buy more!
The shampoo smells like a tropic beach, all fruity and clean and sea-breezy. Love that.
It is also a great cleaner-- my hair was de-greased & product-free, but did not feel like straw.
The crazy bottle shape actually makes it easier to pick up in the shower, and it's always resting on the top, so you don't have to try to balance the bottle oddly to get out the last bits.
It has all these fancy marine botanicals, is NOT animal-tested, 100% vegetarian, AND they raise money to help send kids to sea (in a good way, not as in swabbing decks).
GO, buy, love, and feel good about your hair & your contributions to the environment & education. Yeah, good shampoo can do all that.
Posted by Kate at 1:28 PM
Dr. Schultz, cosmetic dermatologist and founder of DermTV.com helps your make five easy New Year’s Resolutions for healthy, glowing skin in 2010:
1. I will determine my skin type. Finding out what your facial skin type is with respect to its balance of oil and water is crucial to choosing the right products for your face.
2. I will find products I like. Regardless of your skin type, finding facial products that smell and feel good to you will make you more apt to use them regularly.
3. I will establish a daily routine. Following the same routine twice a day every day regardless of which products you are using (glycolics, anti-oxidants, sunscreens, cleansers, toners or moisturizers, etc.) will significantly improve your skin’s color and texture.
4. I will protect my skin and make it glow. Use a gentle chemical (glycolic) exfoliator, an anti-oxidant, and a sunscreen every day, summer or winter, rain or shine. This way, your skin will always be protected from the sun and the combination of anti-oxidants and exfoliants will make your skin lustrous and glowing.
5. I will examine my skin. Any change in color, size, texture, or shape that you can detect in any skin growth or mole is not a subtle change and should be brought to your dermatologist’s attention as soon as possible. In addition, make sure that you have a complete skin examination annually by a board certified dermatologist (preferably during your birth month).
Posted by Kate at 1:13 PM
Start the New Year with a new, clearer complexion:
Enter for a chance to win a luxurious Clarisonic SpaCation for yourself and five friends at a spa near you. Plus you’ll have a chance to win $25,000. Relax, unwind and prepare to be pampered. Sweepstakes ends January 10, 2010.
The winner and five guests will each receive:
· A free Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System
· Spa services featuring the Clarisonic Sonic Skin Cleansing System: manicure, pedicure and facial
Visit http://www.clarisonic.com/us/specialoffer/spacation/index.php to enter to win!
Posted by Kate at 1:01 PM
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Truth be told, I only got this mascara because I was getting Waterproof Mascara for my sister's wedding & this came in a two pack (yes, I got 6 tubes of various w.p.m.).
The brush is all funky, half comb & half brush.
I was worried.
Now I am hooked!
Good with one coat, no clumps, no streaks, no flakes!
This is a wonderful mascara!!!
Only two drawbacks:
1. Can be hard to remove-- but hello, is waterproof!
2. If you put it on at 8 am & are a watery-eyed-eye-rubber (guilty), don't expect to have any mascara on when midnight comes around. It was all over the kleenex, and not on my lashes. It's like the waterproof wears off & my runny eyes remove it...
Urban Decay makes the BEST eyeliner.
It goes on all smooth & creamy, no ripping your eyelids, & stays in place.
I love and think this is the eyeliner everyone should use.
Now there are special sets!
I love the Flipside (teal) and Crash (plum) best, so I am torn between the HI-FI and Stereophonic sets.
I think the glitter liner is great, but am convinced that sparkles are not so good after you (I) have turned 30, so I give the sparklies to the under-30's I know-- a gift for them, a gift for me... Could this be any better?
Monday, January 4, 2010
First off, I heart the name of this quad - Don't Waste My Time. Quite opposite of the Innocent Beauty quad, thee four shades are for a night out or for a bold day look. I really like the icy white highlighter for highlighting my cheek and brow bones.
Posted by Jill at 9:47 PM