New York City, NY-- People think the ponytail is the summer savior, but anyone who skies or wears winter hats knows that while there are tricks to minimizing hat head, it can not always be prevented. So, embrace the winter hats and helmets, and then create a sleek ponytail to hide the damage with this step-by-step from Sam Villa, top Redken stylist.
Creating a Sleek Ponytail
· Begin by applying Redken fashion work 15 to create tact, control, and calm flyaways.
· Using a paddle brush, smooth out hair and brush a horseshoe section (from ear to ear) back and hold in place with hands at the back of the head (lower than center).
· Brush the remaining hair (from the nape to ears) up into hands, switching from one hand to another brushing both sides. Always brush to thumb to control position of ponytail, secure with a bungee or elastic.
· Wrap a small section from the ponytail around the bungee and secure with a grip.
· Backcomb tail to create natural texture.
· Finish with Redken fashion work 12 to lock in texture in the tail and to control frizz and flyaway’s in smoother area of ponytail.
· Layer smooth area with a small amount of Redken Glass for that ultra sleek finish.
Aspire for more with Sam Villa!
Villa is the founding partner of the Sam Villa® brand, Education Artistic Director for Redken 5th Avenue and a Stylist Choice Award Winner for Favorite Platform Artist and Educator (2012, 2011 and 2007). Discover his coveted hot tips and techniques, along with Sam Villa Signature Series brushes, combs and thermal tools on www.samvilla.com ; Facebook: samvillahair; Twitter: samvilla.