Thursday, February 28, 2008

MAC my lips

MAC lip color gives the best colors! They have a brilliant recycling program. And there's the whole Viva Glam line that funds AIDS research... Hard to navigate through the formulas sometimes, though...

Tinted Lipglass-- I had in Viva Glam VI. Excellent color, super shiny, but it is basically glue. E.g., If you need to wipe your nose, you should also wipe-off & reapply, cause you will have collected lint and dust like no one's business.

Lip Gelee-- When the super-friendly MAC artiste handed me a tube of Slicked Pink Lip Gelee & told me I needed it, I was very dubious. It's a coral-peachy thing in a tube. I was not impressed. Then I tried it. Holy moley! Shine, just enough color, not at all sticky! I wear it over nude-ish lipsticks, by itself in the summer... Sidenote: The MAC store on Queen Street in Toronto, Ontario (Canada) is incredible. It's like a party!

Lipstick-- VIVA GLAM lipsticks rock!!! The colors are excellent, not super-long-wearing, but smooth & creamy. My senior year of high school (1994), I was all about a shade that was not unlike Deep Love. It was a deep red, Matte, blue based. I think it also started with a "D." It was brilliant. Dubosh? So worth the hours of baby-sitting it took to get the $!

I have bought the Viva Glam palette for the last 2 years. This year, I also bought for my mom & sister. LOVE the beautiful case, the little brush, the great shades!

No comments: