For hair that shimmers bright and glossy, Sam Villa, Education Artistic Director for Redken 5th Avenue and Founding Partner of the Sam Villa® brand, suggests sectioning when blow drying.
“There’s a reason why stylists section their clients’ hair when finishing, it provides more control with the brush, tension, heat, airflow and direction. Women can get the same skilled shiny finish at home if they section properly,” explains Villa.
· Divide the head into four quadrants and section out each quadrant – start at the nape of the neck and work your way up.
· Use clips to hold extra hair out of the way.
· Never take a section that’s wider than your brush.
· Section depth should be about 1” to 1 ½” depending on density.
· Hold the brush in your writing hand and the blow dryer in the other hand about ½” apart.
· Position the blow dryer parallel to the brush – NEVER put the nozzle directly on the brush, it will burn the blow dryer motor out, damage brush bristles and burn hair.
The new E-T.C. Light Professional Ionic Hair Dryer exclusively for Sam Villa is compact and light, so there is less muscle strain when styling hair. Ward off bad hair days with a professional tool that brings out the stylist in everyone.