From Suzanne Quinn, Glow Communications:
Spring is synonymous with life – plants start to grow, leaves pop, animals give birth…so if hair looks like old man winter, it’s not a pretty sight!
Patrick McIvor, Matrix Artistic Director, offers spring cleaning tips to awaken hair after the long, dark, dry winter months.
- Get sun kissed highlights – nothing makes a girl feel better than a little color.
- Apply a clear glaze to make hair shine – salons provide it as a service and DIY brands offer clear glazes as well. It magnifies color and helps reduce frizz too!
- Hydrate with a moisturizing treatment - whether it’s a professional back bar treatment like Matrix Total Results Total Treat Deep Cream Mask or an at home deep conditioner, hair will be revitalized.
- Try a new look – get a trim for fresh ends, play with layers, or frame the face with new fringe (soft and side swept or chunky and straight across).
- Style for spring – it’s getting warmer, try a funky braid, low side ponytail or a messy bun.
“After the long winter months, it’s amazing how we can find joy in the simple things in life…like a good hair day!” says McIvor.