This season, Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders created a "country girl meets urbanite" hair look. "The collection story tells the intersection of the pastoral and the urban," said Tibi designer Amy Smilovic. "We wanted the hair to express a clean, natural feel, but still convey soul and a refined grittiness."
The resulting style was fresh, fun and totally wearable in the real world too. Ride off into your own urban sunset by following these simple steps:
1) Spray Pure Abundance Style Prep liberally into the hair all over to boost volume and create texture.
2) Take an inch wide section at the top of the head at the hairline and create a tight braid down the center. Stop braiding at the crown and use an elastic that matches your hair color so that it blends in with the rest of your tresses.
3) Take a small section of hair above the left ear and braid down to the end. Repeat on the right side and connect both braids underneath the remaining hair at the nape of the neck to hold hair away from the face.
4) Create 3 large, loose braids with the remainder of hair at the back and quickly clamp a flat iron down them. Gently unravel, tousle and run Dry Remedy Moisturizing Oil through hair for soft, gentle waves, with a little shine.
5) Finish off the look with a misting of Control Force Hair Spray for strong, but barely-there hold.
Pictures, quotes and info above all courtesy Aveda. All Aveda products used in this look can be found at aveda.com or an Aveda salon near you.