The holiday season is full of cheer – but unfortunately it can often bring unwanted stress! AVEENO® experts, Celebrity Hairstylist, Patrick Melville and dermatologist, Dr. Debra Jaliman, share tips, tricks and advice to get you through the holiday season in stride.
Patrick Melville’s quick how-to for achieving polished party hair (low chignon):
1. Blow-dry hair with Mason Pearson Brush or round brush, when hair is dry, spray hair with the AVEENO® Dry Shampoo at the root to create texture
2. Take a small tail comb and tease very gently at the root throughout the head, flip hair upside down and break up hair with your finger
3. Grab hair at the nape and secure with hair tie, this should create a little texture and softness around your face
4. With the tailcomb, gently tease the ponytail to create more texture, spin ponytail around to create a chignon at nape of neck and secure with a straight pin or bobby pin
5. Break up with fingers on the bottom, use a lightweight hairspray to secure in place, finish with a sparkly headband or clip
Dr. Debra Jaliman’s go-to skincare secrets for skin glowing throughout the holidays:· After a night out, it's easy to go to sleep without wanting to stop and wash your face. Dr. Jaliman suggests the AVEENO® Ultra -Calming Makeup Removing Wipes to make it easy to clean your face post-party. Keep them by your bedside for quick, mild yet effective cleansing
· This time of year can be so stressful with holiday shopping and family commitments, what better way to relieve the stress then with a bath? Dr. Jaliman recommends the AVEENO® Stress Relief Foaming Bath, which is made with lavender for a calming effect and oatmeal for moisturizing and soothing the skin.
· To erase holiday stress that can leave skin dull, Dr. Jaliman recommends the AVEENO® Positively Radiant® Skin Brightening Scrub to combat clogged pores and overall facial dullness. This scrub will improve the skin's texture and brightness without irritation on even the most delicate skin