Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Le Grand Engagement

Commitment is tough. Commitment can be life changing! This is probably why I alter the paint color in my kitchen every six months! So, perhaps you can relate to my slight identity crisis, when it comes to fragrances.

I've had my experimental phases in regards to scents. I've tried being that girl who can rock a different musk per her mood, outfit, or plans for the day. That chick who rolls up wearing a simple perfume oil? I've tried to be her. I've also attempted to be one of those gals, loyal to the array of Victoria's Secret products, but discovered that she and I are just not compatible. What have I learned from my perfume-capades? That I strive to be a serial mono-atomizer. I want to be a lady who loves her one and only. I need a signature scent!

Enter: Violette, by Tocco. Inspired by the gorgeous floral blooms that ornament the Champs-Élysées, this bottle of heaven is inspired by the youthful spirit of first love.

The pros say this:

Top Notes: Italian Bergamot, Ginger Oil, Coriander Seed Oil
Middle Notes: African Violet, Bulgarian Rose, Black Currants
Bottom Notes: Creamy Cedarwood, Cashmere Musk, Touch of Benzoin

I say that I smell hints of ginger delightfulness and blasts of floral deliciousness. Wearing Violette makes me feel special. In Violette, I feel wealthy in my little black (clearance) dress, powerful in my work frock, and still pretty in my sofa-bound yoga pants. Who doesn't want to be THAT girl?!?

If you can't tell, I'm really into this stuff. We've been together every day for two weeks and going strong. I think Violette may just be the one I commit to!


TOCCA Violette Eau de Parfum (50 ml) retails for $68 at Anthropologie and Sephora stores nationwide, C.O. Bigelow and online at www.tocca.com

No comments: