Monday, July 8, 2013

A Fragrant Buffet


A brief history of my scents sense:

Middle School: GAP Dream and Love's Baby Soft (classics!)
High School: Bath & Body Works assorted body sprays (too many to count!)
College: Lancome Oui (sadly discontinued!)
Post-College: Dior Addict 2 (totally designer you guys!)
Post-Post College: Marc Jacobs Daisy (Ahhh smells SO good, I still wear it on the daily!)

Clearly I am a devoted donner of habit when it comes to perfumes and something has to truly move me to make it my everyday aroma. Out of the eight offerings in Avon's arsenal, I can honestly say I found one winner and a lot of okays.

Unplugged: Too creamy and got to be a bit much the longer I had to smell it.

Outspoken by Fergie: Started off a bit much but dried really nice into its notes of black leather.

Outspoken Intense by Fergie: She should've kept this one to herself. Too fruity and flowery!

Far Away: Too sweet at first, but settles and dries into something rather lovely.

Far Away Exotic: Would be nice for a date night, but too much for daily wear. 

Rare Pearls: Powdery and feminine, it dries to nice amber notes. This one was my runner-up fave.

Secrets to Keep: These names are ridiculous, no? Although this scent was ok.
 
And now my winner:


Step Into Sexy:  Cheesy name, great fragrance and my favorite by far! It's violet leaf and golden amber make it a perfect choice for a seductive date night.

You can find these scents and more online at Avon.com



No comments: