Sunday, December 19, 2010

Perfect Hair for the Holidays


MODERN TAKE ON CHIGNON CHIC
The inspiration for this glamorous updo created by celebrity stylist Creighton Bowman of Exclusive Artists Management begins with Grace Kelly elegance. The up-to-the-minute twist: giving the classic chignon a beachy, textured finish.

Instructions from Creighton Bowman:
CREATE:
« First, I prepped hair with René Furterer Naturia Dry Shampoo for extra volume.
« Next, I created three sections, lifted and pinned top two sections of hair at top of head and pulled lower section back into a ponytail. The ponytail is secured above the nape of the neck with an elastic band.
« Then I unpinned top sections and lightly back-combed hair, one section at a time, starting with the section at the back of the head.
« After wrapping ends of back section around the ponytail, I sprayed the ponytail with René Furterer new Vegetal Finishing Spray.
« I continued winding ends of back section around the ponytail, blending the two to create a full chignon.
« Next, I unpinned the front section. After lightly back-combing the section, I brushed it back, working ends into a chignon and pinning securely.
FINISH:
« To smooth flyaways, I applied René Furterer new Modeling Paste to palms of hands and ran palms lightly over hair.
« For long-lasting natural hold, I misted hair with René Furterer new Vegetal Finishing Spray.

No comments: