As you know, the disaster in Japan is far from over. The catastrophic earthquake and tsunami that devastated Japan hit very close to home for LUSH Cosmetics. With 1600 staff members, 145 shops, and a manufacturing facility located in Japan, LUSH had to step in and support local organizations. These groups are working to rebuild affected areas and support Japanese citizens, some of whom are members of our very own LUSH family.
To aid in the relief effort, we are selling limited edition products with 100% of the proceeds going to various Japanese charities.
- The Rising Sun soap ($5.95) resembles the Japanese flag and softens the skin with a sweet cherry fragrance. All proceeds from the soap will go directly to Peace Boat, a Japan-based non-profit organization. Since the earthquake, Peace Boat has been organizing volunteers, transporting aid and providing hot meals to those affected by the disaster.
- LUSH has also launched three limited edition Charity Pots ($5.00/each). This rich body lotion is made with Fair Trade organic cocoa butter with a hint of ylang ylang and geranium. 100% of the sale of each Charity Pot will be donated to three Japanese humanitarian and animal welfare organizations:
- Rescue Stock Yard – a Japanese domestic disaster non-profit that has started emergency relief and preparation for long-term support for thousands of survivors.
- NGO Collaboration Centre for HANSHIN QUAKE Rehabilitation – members of this center have been in the Miyagi Prefecture providing support for the victims.
- Animal Peace – a grassroots animal welfare group that has been providing medical care, food and blankets for displaced animals.
The products will be hitting stores across North America on April 18th and will also be available at www.lushusa.com.