Thursday, April 11, 2013

Your Hair Will Thank You With Shininess



This lovely little bottle is precisely what I’ve been missing in my life. My foray into the ombre effect hair world has left my poor strands damaged and dry. While I love the look, I don’t love all of my resulting split ends. Also, for many, many years (or, um, just over 30 of them) I was not aware that I needed to put product on my hair BEFORE drying and styling it. This, from someone who devours fashion and beauty magazines and websites like they’re the last ever cupcakes off the Hostess assembly line (side note: WHY GOD WHY?!).

Yes, apparently I am that dense.

Bleached ombre ends or not, I’ve finally jumped on the clue bus (got a few steps on with John Frieda a while back) and will happily enjoy the ride with ECRU New York Acacia Protein Oil.  With this serum, there are no parabens, it’s color safe, and it includes a bunch of awesomely hair-healthy sounding ingredients like Acacia Collagen, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Almond, Apricot Kernel and Extra Virgin Argan Oils.

I found it worked best with my fine hair two ways:
1)      When applied to damp hair from halfway down ONLY. My bangs have a tendency to get a little too greasy looking for my liking on their own and this definitely didn’t help.
2)      When applied to the ends of dry hair. Totally tamed my fly-aways and added shine.

Follicular-ly fantastic! 

(Try saying that five times fast!)

No comments: