Tuesday, October 1, 2013

CC It to Believe It


CC Creams are gaining in popularity for their light coverage and complexion enhancing ways.

CC indeed stands for "color correcting" and the creams are meant to address issues like redness or sallowness with light diffusing particles. They generally offer more coverage than a tinted moisturizer or BB Cream and often include SPF.

Time Freeze CC Anti-Age Color Correcting Cream from Lumene is an impressive 6-in-1 product:
  • Foundation – a fine but well covering formula. The shades are designed to neutralize the color of red areas.
  • Concealer
  • Primer
  • Illuminator
  • Long-lasting
  • SPF 20
This was my first foray into the wild world of CC Creams (it's a beauty product jungle out there), and I must say I am quite inclined to stay awhile. I never quite took to BB Creams (what's the point when I'm devoted to my foundation?), but Time Freeze offers an easy, ideal light coverage for when I'm not so inclined to get gussied up, but still do not want to scare small children or the elderly by venturing out into public make-up free. It instantly perfected my pores and overall skin tone and lasted all day.

As mentioned above, you can also use it as a primer under foundation for extra coverage and staying power—a most excellent aspect I utilized over the weekend for my big brother's wedding!

Lumene Time Freeze CC Cream is available in light, medium and dark shades. It can be found at CVS, CVS.com, Ulta, Ulta.com and Dermstore.com and retails for $14.99. 



No comments: