Monday, September 23, 2013

Time to Get TAUT: Part I

Nutricosmetics.

Never heard of it?

Me neither, until I was recently introduced to the new LAC TAUT line. This innovative collection of collagen-replenishing nutricosmetics (or ingestible cosmetics) and collagen-boosting topical products promise to renew and beautify from the inside out.

There are two main components to this celeb-worthy regimen:

1) TAUT Premium Collagen Replenishment Formula
2) TAUT Collagen Mask

Sure, I was excited when I read the press release, but when my sample package arrived I realized how truly major this stuff is.

 The TAUT Collagen Mask boasts a unique and concentrated blend of anti-aging ingredients including hydrolyzed collagen, Squalene, Hyaluronic Acid and antioxidants. Key benefits include fading of fine lines, and firming and rejuvenation of skin. It feels a little slimy to take out of the package, and also a bit confusing to unfold and place on your face, but oh MAN! After using, your skin feels CRAZY soft! Like newborn baby soft! I was truly amazed.
The goods
 Pretty pouch! Whatever do your contents hold?
 Ooooh slimy skin boosting goodness!
 So you look like a monster for 10 minutes... Feels great!

The Replenishment Formula comes in a neat 8-pack box of individual glass bottles- or "shots." Featuring the highest concentration of ingestible collagen on the market- 30 grams per 1.7 oz. serving- TAUT Premium Collagen utilizes a unique hydrolysis technology to shrink the collagen molecule from the size of a basketball to the size of a peanut, which makes it small enough for the body to absorb.

Things be getting fancy up in here!

Not gonna lie, I was a little weirded out about doing a "shot." I'm more of a wine drinker truth be told. Plus, I started feeling a sort of Death Becomes Her vibe at the whole task... I'd really like to avoid a tumble down the stairs only to survive with my head on backwards.

But! All in the name of BrainyBeautys right?!

Immortality aside (I hope?), TAUT Replenishment Formula promotes the following key benefits:
Skin: improved repair, firmness, and pigmentation
Hair: restoration, growth
Nails: strengthening and improved appearance

So I cheers-ed my reflection and took it like a champ. Not bad! The real orange juice taste is definitely is a plus.
Bottoms up baby!



As it is recommended every other day (3-4 times per week), I am only three bottles and two masks in. Thus far, my usually brittle nails are wicked long and strong. Definitely love that!

To be continued...

 

TAUT Collagen Mask, $50 for a box of 5; TAUT Premium Collagen Replenishment Formula, $110 for a box of 8 1.7 oz. bottles. Products can be found at RenewAlliance.comhttp://www.renewalliance.com/

No comments: