A little MBFW treat for you, my dear BrainyBeautys devotees! (That's Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in proper fashionspeak!)
Our good friends at Redken were kind enough to pass along the inside hair scoop on one of the hottest tickets in the tents: Alexander Wang Spring/Summer 2014. If you aren't familiar with Mr. Wang, study up! He is seriously one of the preliminary designers of our generation and was even tapped to take over at the legendary Balenciaga house late last year. Personally I cannot get enough of his grungy glamour looks, and his accessories are also especially ridic every season.
For Spring/Summer 2014, Redken Creative Consultant Guido pretty much created my ideal every day hair look: natural, texturized and slightly roughed up.
Said Guido: "Overall it's a very sexy look this season. I wanted the hair to reflect the cool, low-key Alexander Wang type girl. I suppose there are equal parts grunge and glamour, in that the hair is voluminous, yet natural."
Recreating the look is super easy with the right Redken products:
- Towel dry hair
- Create a messy center part with finger
- Apply thickening lotion 06 body builder from root to ends, concentrating product on the roots
- Start drying hair with a diffuser to keep the natural waves
- Once the hair is 75% dry, allow the hair to dry naturally
- Add powder refresh 01 aerosol hair powder/dry shampoo to mid length and ends to give more texture.
- Apply quick tease 15 backcombing finishing spray to mid length and ends to hold in the texture
Photos by Charles Sykes for Redken.
All photos, quotes, beauty steps and product information in this post provided by Redken.
To locate a Redken salon please log on to redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, 'beauty websites' or other unauthorized retailers. For furtherinformation, please contact us at the information listed above. For more information visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on twitter @Redken5thAve and Instagram www.instagram.com/redken5thave