A new season is always a great time to step up your style and beauty game, and this fall, the ante is off the charts. Read on for your BrainyBeautys approved autumn essentials and get excited—one or more of these selected products could be featured in our upcoming "Heads Up, 7 Up" Back to School Giveaway!
1) Hair: If you're planning on changing up your do' this fall, new Ouidad Color Sense Collection is the ticket to keep your locks looking fresh, vibrant and salon-worthy.
Color Preserving Shampoo gently removes mineral deposits and product buildup that can strip color and also provides a shield against fading from UV exposure and styling. $20 for 8.5 fl. oz.
Color Preserving Conditioner nourishes and replenishes while it's Protective Color Lock complex affixes color to hair fibers and offers extra UV protection. $22 for 8.5 fl. oz.
Shine Boosting Color Extender instantly brings back that post-salon glossiness no woman can get enough of. It extends the life of hair color and is also sulfate- and silicone-free. $26 for 5 fl. oz.
BrainyBeautys approved: I've been using this hair system since my recent chop and change-up a few weeks ago and can confirm that my tresses still look and feel amazing!
2) Face: Undo any summer sun damage with PrecisionMD Celfix DNA Youth Recovery Facial Serum. A study published in the Journal of Drugs and Dermatology revealed that when combined with twice-daily sunscreen application, Celfix DNA not only addresses current sun damage, but also helps delay future signs of aging skin. Available at physicians' offices nationwide.
BrainyBeautys approved: Anti-aging product + sunscreen = DUH! But what makes this product special is it's unique consistency... It's thicker than most serums and doesn't leave skin feeling constricted. I've been using it nightly for a few weeks and love what it's doing for my skin.
3) Smile: Whitening Lightning Super Booster Whitening Pen: If you missed our review of this smile-enhancing wonder, check it out now. This revolutionary whitener is convenient (portable!), safe (won't damage tooth enamel) and brightens teeth like you won't believe. $79 at whiteninglightning.com
4) Body: Do deodorant differently! GEODEO
natural deodorant plus Detox Complex promises to keep you smelling great while tackling toxins. This naturally-derived deodorant uses volcanic minerals and Icelandic algae to fight impurities found in the body. When applied to underarms, these ingredients help deeply purify pores from a multitude of environmental contaminants found in the body. Available in Island, Ocean and Unscented. See drugstore.com. for product availability.
BrainyBeautys approved: If you're gonna sweat, why not sweat out the toxins? To be clear: this invisible solid is only a deodorant and not an anti-perspirant. That being said, it definitely goes on clear and neutralizes odors all day long. I've been a devoted wearer for weeks now and can't come up with any complaints! Plus, it's also really cool to know that it's 97% natural, allergen-free and comes in a recyclable container. Total next-level pit protection.
5) Body: Thymes Lotus Santal Body Lotion combines the sultry notes of sweet cocoa vanilla and spices along with nourishing shea butter, softening squalane and humectant glycerin to moisturize dry skin. $25 at Thymes online.
BrainyBeautys approved: The scent—Sensuous, warm and perfect for fall. The lotion—Luxurious, thick and perfect for all.
6) Nails: Electrify your digits with Ciate Corrupted Neon Manicure. Choose from Shout Out (pink), Mega Foam (yellow), Foam Party (blue) or Club Tropicana (orange). Each kit contains a matte neon paint pot, loose neon glitter and a mini corrupted UV top coat. Experiment with just a sparkling glitter finish or light up the night with the corrupted clear top coat. Sets retail for $25 at your local Sephora.
BrainyBeautys approved: The matte neon paint pot colors are gorgeously vibrant and the UV topcoat is perfect for every day shine or for the added oomph when hitting the club (blacklight madness!). The loose glitter can get a little messy, but just make sure you allow yourself a little extra time and added workspace and you'll be all set! And if you'd like one of these sweet kits for your very own, you might want to pay VERY close attention to the blog over the next few days! Wink!
All products provided to BrainyBeautys for review.