Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Cars: Honda Fit


I (we) have a 2007 Honda Fit. It is the first production year of the model, and it is a manual (stick) sport model. I love, love, love it.
It is small, but has more interior room than seems possible. Stadium seating, no kidding! Great gas mileage (I/we average 34 mpg highway) & really nice pick-up. There's a fair bit of zooming to be had there. You can check out the web page for all the technical specs, but I'm gonna tell you--this car kicks butt. It is comfortable for driver & passengers, all the features are easy to use...
I can only think of 2 things I don't like: 1) The dash is lit, I sometimes see this & figure that the headlights are on. They aren't, unless the little green symbol is lit up. Yes, I am easily confused. & 2)there is no mirror on the passenger-seat visor. There is, somewhat oddly, one on the driver's side. I'm not sure why this is.
The stereo is great, there is even an auxiliary jack where I can plug in my not-pod. The CD player plays mp3s, so you can put a gazillion songs on a CD & go to town--I suggest Toronto or Chicago.
Buy a FIT! Join the club (it's not an official club, but we Fit owners do tend to wave at one another, content in the fact that we have spent under $50 to fill up).
P.S.: Honda, if you are listening, the Fit has the desirable windshield placement. The Civic does NOT, the windshield in the Civic always seems ready to smack you in the face. Why the redesign? The generation of Civics before this one had great lines!

No comments: