Monday, June 30, 2008

DISHWASHER: GE QuietPower I

GE Quiet Power I
relatively quiet, easy to use buttons, seems to clean well.
Bought this dishwasher in November, 2006. On my 2nd set of racks, which are rusting AGAIN. Rust from racks stains dishes.
Here's a copy of the e-mail I sent to GE:
Model #: GLD4300L00CC
Hello.
We have a GE Quiet Power I dishwasher, purchased in 11/2006 & professionally installed.
Less than 6 months after the dishwasher was installed, the top and bottom racks rusted, we received replacement racks, sent on 4/23/2007.
It is just over one year later, and the racks are rusting out again. I called today, 6/30/2008, and spoke to Wendy, who transferred me to Aaron in Consumer Relations. Aaron kindly informed me that this was not a reported problem and that replacement racks would cost over $100. When I told him that I was not interested in paying $100 plus for the same racks & the same problems, he informed me that I could received up to 20% off of a comparable new model--again with the wire racks.
While this is a nice offer, paying a minimum of $700 for the chance of having the exact same rust issues is less than appealing to me.
I find it remarkably hard to believe that we 1. are the only people who have had racks rust out and 2. that this is not a manufacturing defect, when this has happened TWICE. We live in a city which has a very good water system, we do not put any odd things in our dishwasher, we use recommended detergent tablets, and we run our dishwasher once a day or less.
I will be sure to tell my friends, family, and neighbors about my GE experience.
In addition, I will be placing a copy of this letter on a blog site which reviews everyday products:http://brainyformfunction.blogspot.com/
Good day.

No comments: