Case in point: On Friday night I had the utmost pleasure of attending fashion designer Helena Quinn's homecoming cocktail and trunk show event at Complex in Birmingham.
Designer and Huntington Woods native Andrea Racey created the line in 2011 with the ethos, "No matter how you're feeling in any given moment, fat day or frizzy hair, the right coat can always put a smile on your face."
Her toppers have been featured in US Weekly, Daily Candy, Refinery29, and have even spotted on Selma Blair and Mrs. Ben Affleck herself, Jennifer Garner.
As I wandered the gorgeous offerings I literally found myself TALKING to them (seriously) they were soooo pretty and felt unbelievable to the touch! A few of the styles that put a wobble in my knees were:
1) The Isle: Delicously drapey, I literally gasped when I touched this baby. Come to find out, it's a limited edition cashmere piece designed through Helena Quinn's first collaboration with Closet Rich. Yummmm... You had me at cashmere!
2) The Carolyn: This sharp colorblocked style is right on trend! It features an invisible button at center front, silk lining and always essential side pockets.
3) The Patty: So fresh and crisp for spring and a wonderfully updated office option. And that pop of green lining- gorge! The Patty is a new Spring 2013 blazer created in collaboration with the Edith Hart boutique in Chicago. Andrea will actually be there in store for its big party debut on March 23rd. So all you Chicago-ans better pencil that into your calendar stat!
4) The Naomi: The stripes, the drape, the leather... This beauty drew me in like one badass tractor beam. So incredibly cool and easy, this new Fall 2013 option was made for the slick model off duty styles of Ruby Aldridge or Joann Smalls.
5) The Twig: Another hot new Fall 2013 look, I like to think of this ladylike moto style as a sort of "biker babe goes to brunch." It's also available in red, black/camel, black/white stripe and slate/black.
These are but a few examples of the mad style buffet Helena Quinn has to offer. There are truly so many more amazing closet staples in fab fabrics. And beyond her obvious talents, Miss Quinn herself is such a doll. Even as the lady of the hour, with family, friends and new faces clamoring for her attention, she still took time to chat and welcome me to the event. Personality, talent and chicness to boot! Andrea and her Helena Quinn are most definitely on the up and up.
Why hellooooo ladies!
Party in full swing!
With the talented and delightful designer, Andrea Racey.
Visit helenaquinn.com for more info and to shop select styles. She can also be found on Facebook and Twitter @Helena_Quinn
Editorial images of the Naomi and Twig courtesy Helena Quinn.