There’s nothing more embarrassing then applying self tanner only to realize you look like a streaky, orange mess after you’ve walked out the door. Follow these simple before & after tips for self tanning to ensure you achieve a beautiful, bronzed glow from head to toe!
Beauty Expert Emily Fitch of Luminess Tan recommends the following steps:
· Shower & exfoliate skin a minimum of one hour before tanning. Exfoliation will help remove dead skin cells, which will not tan.
· Shave/wax at least one hour before tanning. If you are able to shave a day ahead, even better.
· Remove makeup, perfume, lotion, etc. Skin should be completely dry before tanning.
· Don't use moisturizers, body oils, lotions and perfume for at least four hours before airbrush tanning.
· Wear loose-fitting clothing for at least 30 minutes before tanning so as to not constrict or crush skin.
· Allow 5-30 minutes for the tanning solution to set before dressing.
· Wait at least 6 hours before showering.
· You should not exercise, swim, moisturize or any other activity in which your skin will become wet until you shower the first time.
· After waiting 6-8 hours for your tan to develop, shower and lightly exfoliate.
· Apply lotion on your skin at least once a day.