Saturday, March 22, 2008

Combs: My search

I have hair that breaks things.
Hair bands, brushes, and, especially COMBS.
[There is a LOT of hair on my head. Each strand is about the same thickness as sewing thread. And there are tons of that. I donated hair last year, the woman had to package it in 3 bundles.]
I comb my hair after washing. It doesn't matter how much conditioner I use, it's a tough job. I've come to terms with that.
What I can't stand is when combs snap in my hair!
I've tried the cheap, bendy-plastic drugstore combs (imagine hair laughing), and the fancy salon combs (took a year, but my hair won).
The only comb I have yet to break is this immense, thick-toothed, white plastic handled comb. It came free in a Clinique bonus.
I am down to the Clinique comb for wet hair & a Phillips Light Touch brush for dry hair. The brush does not consistently reach my scalp through my hair. I could press harder, but I don't want to break the brush & have to go buy another. The Phillips brush works to smooth the mess.
I would like to think that there are others in the same boat. Any recommendations???

No comments: