Friday, March 21, 2008

Laura Geller Brow Marker and SmashBox Brow Tech

Let me start by saying that my brows are 1-2 shades darker than my hair color (and yes, this is a naturally occurring phenom, which I sometimes address by coloring my hair to make them match my brows). Being very dark brown, my brows are a prominent feature. They require daily maintenance (plucking the ones that are too many or shouldn't be, and trimming the ones that have gotten unruly and too long). As we all know, maintenance can be tricky, as evidenced by a little bare spot in my left brow, and if I get too cut trim-happy, I end up exposing it. Which is what happened this morning.
I thought I'd give Laura the chance to help me out. I'm happy to report that Brow Marker goes on easily, doesn't have the tell-tale look that pencil gives, and has wonderful staying power. I tried it in brown (it comes in either Taupe or Brown). If only it were dark enough to match my real brow hairs, I would have declared a blessing from Aphrodite.
But, since it didn't quite match up, I turned to my reliable old friend, SmashBox Brow Tech in Brunette. If you use a light hand, Brow Tech is wonderful (get carried away, and you look like either Frankenstein or his lovely Bride). It comes with wax which (depending on the coarseness and determination of your brow hairs) does a fairly good job of reigning them in. Again, restraint is the word, or you'll look like you have greasy brows - what an image! Brunette is the perfect color for dark brown/almost black brows! It also comes in Auburn, Blonde, Grey, Taupe, and Soft Brown (available on QVC with a free full-size Smashbox Soft Lights Quad in Allure).
In summary: Brow Marker is great, just be sure the color is right for your brows; and Brow Tech is great if you have a little self-control, and has colors to suite everyone.
Laura Geller Brow Marker does not appear on her website, and is not avaiable online at Sephora. To buy, visit QVC or BellaSugar. Brow Tech is available at Sephora, QVC and Smashbox.
Happy Brow-sing!

No comments: