Friday, March 14, 2008

No! No! : The Chronicles of Hair Removal, Part 1

no!no!
Hair Removal System

Okay, I admit being a hairy beast. Add that to being a little (chalky white) pale with dark hair, you can see the hair under the skin when I shave. Just try to imagine how much I love that. I have tried waxing (painful, doesn't always work, messy), those hair removal creams (smelly, messy, & ineffectual)... I've even plucked (time-consuming and unpleasant): Therefore, I keep returning to the razor. Sometimes it works well, most times I have a nick or two, and, on occasion, my bathtub looks like someone should call a CSI Unit. When I heard about this No!No! system, I was, understandably, excited. I will continue to update this blog thread : The Chronicles of Hair Removal.

1st try: Arrives with booklet & DVD/CD-Rom. Hindsight being 20/20, I see where just reading the booklet is not enough. The little machine (think 2 razers closed & stuck back-to-back) works by burning & shaving, but in a very fancy way.

TIP # 1: When using, set it down on skin VERY lightly. If you just plunk the thing down, it burns. The blade burns (small) do clear up quickly, but burning yourself is not fun.

There is definitely a singed-hair smell, but it is fleeting. Except for the initial placement injuries (see Tip # 1), the no!no! is easy to use-- the indicator light tells you if you are doing it wrong. Not at all uncomfortable. 2 days later, there is a little growth, but it is not as pokey-hard as shaving stubble. I want to try the long hair blade & using on underarms, but that seems a little too advanced for me. Until next time!

No comments: