Friday, April 11, 2008

Jonathan Hydrate & Shine

From Cat:
Monday, March 10, 2008

Jonathan Hydrate & Shine
Oh, Jonathan - really? This is the best you could hair-do? It's such a hair-don't!

You know him from the Bravo show "Blow Out." If you watched (I admit, sometimes there was nothing better on), you saw his struggles (i.e. temper tantrums) trying to get his own product line launched. The one thing I will compliment him on is a wise decision to go to QVC. And as a consumer, here's why I love the Q: 30-day return policy - for stuff you've already tried/used!
I ordered the Hydrate & Shine 5-piece Discovery Kit. I discovered I hate this line!
Each piece in this kit is strongly scented - but not with the same scent, and some of them kinda stink. The ones that don't are reminiscent of coconut. But, by far, my biggest complaint about this line is that it doesn't work - it doesn't make your hair look hydrated, and the only shine it delivers is what you get from not washing your hair - what American girl really wants to look like they haven't bathed in three days?!?! And it totally weighs down your hair - again the greasy, hair stuck to your scalp look that I am NOT going for. Granted, I didn't try the Volumizing option, but I don't need help in that department (unless of course, I've used the Hydrate & Shine products). As for hydration, the first few hours my hair looked more fried at the ends, not less...then the greasies took hold. Definitely not recommending this one. Definitely sending it back to my beloved Q.
Posted by Catherine at 11:03 AM

No comments: