Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tarte-- Double Dose Berry Boost & Gloss

Tarte
Health Couture

Coolest tube!
Very glossy.
Just a bit sticky.
Long lasting color (some color even after I washed my face)
The best part, it is SUPER moisturizing!
I don't feel the need to obsessively re-apply lip balm while I am wearing it.
My lips also appear smooth.
There's a nice mintyness to it.
Plus, there are all these extracts in it which make it good for you, and tarte helps the environment, so wearing it is like doing a good deed!http://www.tartecosmetics.com/tartegives.html

Pomegranate Punch
Pinkier red than I usually go for, but not so much color as to be overpowering. Lighter red, not a deep or dark color.
Acai Boost
Haven't tried the color in daylight yet, just had to tell this: put it on while sitting around before dinner. Completely forgot about it. Ate, drank, watched the Pistons beat the Timber Wolves... Went into the bathroom to get ready for bed-- lips still have color!!! I am a bit amazed. Will test further, want to make sure it wasn't a freak occurrence;)
Go Go Goji & Acerola Rush
I LOVE these sassy little lip glosses. Last weekend I brought my tube of Acerola Rush with me to a wedding shower. I think I have converted all of the VS Beauty Rush wearers to Tarte! As far as the colors go, Acerola Rush is more of a peach color. Go go Goji is a very sheer pink. Both colors are great for every day wear. I agree with everything Kate and Catherine stated above. By the way, did we mention that it has Vitamin C and Shea butter in it?

Catherine:
Acacia Boost
Love it! This is the best gloss I have ever tried! Ditto Kate's remarks on the cool design of the tube - not only does it look chic, but the applicator is a soft sponge tip - way better than those with the brush (e.g. Stila Lip Glaze). A gentle squeeze and you can see just how much gloss you've got. Acacia Boost is the perfect light berry color. And unlike Stila and others, there is actually noticeable color! Also, good moisturizing, way less tacky, and better staying power than other glosses I've tried. I'm definitely ditching my Stilas for more Tartes!
Pomegranate Punch
Obviously, we love the Tarte Double Dose Berry Boost & Gloss line, so this is just a color review.Pomegrante Punch is a light, cherry red. It's not quite the right color for me - a little too red/bold, even though the color is sheer and the coverage is perfect.
Edit: Okay, scratch that. I tried it again today, and I don't know if the sunshine is affecting my outlook, or what, but today Pomegranate Punch was perfection! I was careful not to over do it, and ended up with a nice, light cherry pink. Mwah!
Jill:
Go Go Goji
The packaging is lurvely. It's very expensive looking and luxe. It's a nice weight and a substantial size. The color is a soft pink with flecks of iridescence. It goes on smooth and the minty taste made me feel like my limps were plumping. I'm not sure if they looked all that different but they felt that way. I really like the head of the gloss too. It's a soft fuzzy brush that absorbs the color well so it can be applied smoothly and evenly. Mama like!

No comments: