Monday, April 7, 2008

No! No! The Chronicles of Hair Removal, Part 2

So, I saved up a week's worth of leg hair (on my legs), and set out for North Myrtle Beach, SC. The night I arrived, I thought - okay, let's get ready for the beach and try out the No! No!
Well, with rain every day of my vacation, and the highest temp barely over 70 degrees, my beach dreams were a bust, and so was the No! No! I think I could deal with the singed hair smell, but I couldn't deal with the thought of purposely burning myself. Mind you, the No! No! doesn't actually burn your skin...it just feels like it! I only got in 3 brief passes before deciding that I am not as stoic as I thought. I just couldn't get good with the sensation of burning my own skin.
Back to the razor, shaving cream, and a 1/2 dozen knicks per leg. There must be something better than faux electric burn, ripping out hair by its roots (what sadist thought that one up?!?!), running sharp metal against your skin, and chemical burns for removing unwanted leg hair, but damned if I've found it yet!
The No! No! does work, but it's only for the brave (or masochistic) at heart. I'll stick to scraping metal across my skin.

No comments: