Sunday, April 13, 2008

Redken - Ultra Straight Balm

Redken 5th Avenue NYC
Align 12
Ultra-straight Balm
Medium Control

This is the first of 2 hair straightening products that I recently tried. Redken's Ultra-straight Balm is a thick, creamy balm designed to tame unruly hair. Being that my hair is fairly curly, I was excited to test this product. My first trial was before work last week. It was easy to pump the balm out of its tube. The smell is not too strong and definitely not offensive. It reminded me of being in a salon. I applied it to my damp hair and went on a straightening mission with the hairdryer. It worked great. Not too greasy, not too limp, but fairly straight without the use of a flat iron. Since it has not been hot and humid in MI yet, I am unable to determine how humidity-resistant it really is. I will be sure to try it again once summer arrives.

No comments: