Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thermaclear

Thermaclear is literally a zit zapper! It emits a warm electric pulse/shock to your zit. But, not just any old zit will do. It has to be a red bump (no whiteheads or blackheads allowed) and not cystic acne. I had a contender, right on the side of my nose, up near the bridge. Thermaclear has 2 settings - I like to call them 'high voltage' and 'low voltage'. They recommend that you use the high setting. I decided to be a daredevil. On high, the sensation is like a really strong static electric shock. It wasn't too bad on high, but since my bump was close to my sensitive undereye skin, I decided to take it down a notch after the first two zappings. According to the instructions, you can zap up to 3 times per day. But, I have a job. So, I zapped twice a day on the low setting for 4 days. My red bump is still there. I honestly didn't notice a change - which means it halted the progression, but didn't clear up my bump. I'm hoping my Rx acne gel with take care of it.

From Kate: I did try this on one of the "wrong" zits! I have these little white bumps on my chin. I zapped the crap out of them. It didn't magically remove them, but they did start clearing up a week later. Coincidence? I don't care, I'm just happy they cleared up for a bit.

No comments: